Wednesday 10 October 2012

Luca with guitar - preparatory sketch...

I'm currently accumulating ideas for a group of figurative
paintings I aim to exhibit in the first half of next year. This
is the first one I've sat down to develop. There seems to be
a theme of music running through the collection so far,
this sketch being based on a photo of a musician I met at
this year's Edinburgh Fringe.

I'm trying to only use reference material/photos that either
I've taken or friends have and given me permission to use.

This will be painted in acrylic on board or canvas, I'm
interested in the negative space around the main subject and
also the cast shadows created by the lighting. It was a warm,
summer's day and the Spanish guitar was beautiful to listen
to, I would love to some how capture that ambience in this
painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment